Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Momvoli pics

Here are pics of my mom's Tivoli in progress. These are from Sunday, and I've done another 2.5 or 3 inches of the waist decrease section since then.

Stats:
Yarn: Knitpicks Shine in Orchid (when I took the pictures, I had used 1.5-2 balls. I'm estimating 4-4.5 for this one)
Needles: size 5 denises
Stitch gauge: about 5.5 st/in

I made the yoke according to the 31" bust version of the original pattern (since replaced by Picovoli in MagKnits). However, I added an additional two increase rows to bring it up to the bust size I wanted. This time, I'm following Grumperina's advice to the letter, and using much more negative ease than I used for my own I am very pleased with the fit so far:


Momvoli laid flat


Close-up


My mom, the supermodel


Doesn't that almost work as a layered crop top?

4 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Hey hottie mom. She looks great, and so does the sweater. Nice work.

Would you mind sharing the code for your WIP % bars? I have WIP graphics on my blog, but I'm tired of the huge cartoonish images. Mind if I copy-cat?

1:58 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Your mom is definitely a supermodel, and the tivoli looks like it's going to fit her well.

I browsed the rest of your blog and looks like you have the same taste as I do, so I'm excited to see what else you have up your designing sleeve. Soul looks especially intriguing, so I can't wait to see what you finally do with it.

I moved away from Cambridge about a year ago, and I really miss it. It is after all, almost my favorite time of year there.

Cheers!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

It looks great even mid-knitting! So is this the point where you start the waist decreases, or earlier? I'm a bit higher in the breast area on mine (it would definitely not look good as a crop top, unless it was at a strip joint ;)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Nadira said...

Yep, that's where I started decreasing; just past the point where the bust curves under.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home