Friday, August 05, 2005


I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T, I am so smart! - Homer Simpson

So, I noticed during the increase sections of Soleil that I was getting some holes under my M1s. (The sort where you pick up the bar between two stitches.) I noticed the same thing in Sitcom Chic, but there the holes made a pretty eyelet pattern, so they came out as more of a "design element".

In Soleil, they don't look so good. But then I realized: although I had been twisting the picked-up stitches, I was untwisting them when I knitted them on the next round! Twisting them properly would tighten up the hole. I tried this on the next increase round, and it looked great. But I already had several inches with the holey M1s.

Time to frog? Nope!

Being the clever, clever (and so modest) girl I am, I dropped down to the picked-up stitch, then re-picked it up with a twist, and then reknitted it with a twist. Then I reknitted back up the column, and gave the fabric a bit of a tug to even out the stitches.

Voila! It looked as good as if I had done it right from the beginning.

Now, I know I'm not the first person to use this method, but I did come up with it all on my own, and I must brag. S-M-R-T!

The pics I took of this process didn't come out, but I'll update the post once I've had the chance to take some new ones.

Update: August 15th. A picture of the holes (but, alas, not the dropping and re-picking-up process):


Post a Comment

<< Home