Friday, July 08, 2005

New pictures of Asana, and new yarn!

I have some brand-new pictures of Asana, which I wore on my wedding day, along with Sitcom Chic. Here's one:


That's Sitcom Chic on the table behind me.

You can find the more in our gallery on James' web site
Also featured in the Asana shots are my bridesmaids and stepmother. They were taken by my good friend, brilliant photographer, and PhD student, James W. Anderson. James was not the official photographer; he was there as a guest. The gallery is just stuff he snapped throughout the day!

If you're looking for a photographer (knitwear designers, I'm talking to you!), I highly, HIGHLY recommend James:
Wedding Photography
Fashion Photography
He works in Southern California, but will travel.


I also took a trip to Woolcott & Co in Harvard Square, to spend the gift certificate that was a birthday present from my lovely mother:


I haven't taken my own pics yet, but here's what I got:

1-Rowan Calmer (mostly cotton, some microfiber, nice and elastic):

(note: the next four images are copied from The Knitting Garden's web site. They have a nice online store. I bought my GGH Soft Kid and Rebecca #29 from them.)


I got color 482, "powder puff":


I'm going to use it to make Soul from the Rowan Calmer Collection:


This will be my first foray into cables, and I'm very excited. I'm probably not going to use sheer fabric for the yoke. I'd rather have something that hides bra straps.
Besides, chiffon + pink = just a little too frou-frou for me.


2- Rowan Cotton Braid (Cotton/Viscose/Linen)

This is color 352, Matisse. I didn't care for it on the ball, but Woolcott's had a nice swatch, and it made a nice, bouncy, fluffy and BREATHABLE fabric.

I'm going to use it for the Paris Loop capelet by Glampyre:


(pattern free online at Magknits)

I swatched it and cast-on last night. The ric-rac-style loops make it tricky to work with (and especially cast-on with), but I'm getting used to it. I have to go at a slower pace, but since it's so fluffy, it actually works up pretty quickly.

Paris Loop is part of Project Keep Jessica From Dying of Hypothermia at Work. My desk is in the coldest part of the building, and I'm always FREEZING. I'm looking forward to this one because it should be fluffy and warm, but breathe well enough for summer wear. My pink Clapotis capelet was the first part of PKJFDHW, but since my wardrobe is dominated by red and turquoise, it's not particularly versatile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home