Friday, August 19, 2005

Brrr!

My office is cold. Really, really cold. And my cube is right under a vent, so I am always FREEZING at work. This has some pretty funny results. Last week, it was in the 90s with very high humidity, when the filmiest cotton t-shirt was uncomfortable outside, I was dreaming of alpaca.
Worsted-weight alpaca.
Lofty, worsted-weight alpaca.
Spongy, lofty, worsted-weight alpaca.
Spongy, lofty, cabled worsted-weight alpaca.
A spongy, lofty, cabled worsted-weight alpaca turtleneck.
A spongy, lofty, cabled worsted-weight alpaca turtleneck with sleeves long enough to tuck my hands into.

Mmmm... feeling better already.


And now, for something completely off-topic:



Your Linguistic Profile:



65% General American English

15% Yankee

10% Dixie

5% Midwestern

5% Upper Midwestern




This makes a whole lot of sense. I grew up in Buffalo, NY (where the in-city, well-educated accent is as close to american standard english as you get), live in Boston now (Yankee central), and have also spent a summer in Houston (hence, the Dixie contribution).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home