Thursday, August 18, 2005

Tivoli Progress, Soleil Finishing Annoying

First, the good news: I worked another couple of inches on Tivoli, and not only is the fit good so far, the neckline does seem to be deep enough. It's hard to tell, though, since I had it on my Denise cables, which were a little tight. Being under the bust line, they might have been pulling down on the garment a bit. We'll find out! In the meantime, here's a pic:


The finishing for Soleil is bugging me. I tried the recommended single-crochet edging, which I didn't love. I pulled it off and tried double-crochet, which gave it a lacier look. It looked fabulous at first, but if you don't do every stitch or every-other stitch, it looks really obviously uneven. The problem is, every stitch is too many (so it gets all stretched-out and ruffley), and every other was to few, so it was gathered and pinchey. I did the whole neckline, putting double-crochets where they needed to be to lie flat, but the spacing was just too irregular. It looked really ameteurish. I couldn't get a good detail shot of the double-crochet, but here's what I could come up with:

I ripped out the doubles, and put back the single-crochet edge. It looks better to me now; maybe I just didn't do a good job the first time. I may try it with a picot edge, instead...


Here's a shot of it on. As you can see, the fit is pretty good. Unfortunately, it's at a bit of an angle, so you can't see the shoulders very clearly. They are too wide for my taste; they'd be much more flattering if they were thinner.

I may frog to the neckline split and do some decreasing on the outer edge. Alternatively, I might try hemming the armholes instead of edging them. That'd probably be too bulky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home