Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tivoli

As promised, here are some pictures of my Tivoli-in-progress:


photographed without a flash


photographed with a flash

I'm using KnitPicks shine in Turquoise (which I'd consider more of a teal; the actual color is halfway between those in the photos) and size 5 needles. I'm two skeins into it, just under the armpit. I tried it on, but it's hard to tell at this point. The neck may be sitting higher than I'd like. I'm going to do another skein's worth (hopefullly to under the bust line), and see how I like it.

I have a plan if I need to frog and redesign. A few things I can do:
- make the shoulder shaping closer-set. If I used the same number of stitches, but redistributed them so fewer were in the front and back, and more were in the sleeves, then the neckline would sit lower on the chest, and the sleeves would be deeper.
- I may make longer sleeves (true cap sleeve may not be flattering on me). I could do this using shortrows (so the part of the sleeve under the arm has fewer stitches that the part on top of the shoulder). Alternatively, I could put the sleeve edge stitches on a holder (instead of binding them off) and then pick up the underarm stitches and keep going.

Of course, it could turn out to be fabulous as it is, and need no adjustment whatsoever. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home