Monday, December 05, 2005

Tubey! Tubey! Tubey!

My lord. It's my sweater:

It's Tubey from The winter issue of Knitty

Ok, it's not MY sweater. I didn't design it or anything. However, that is totally my neckline and my fit. Graceful, body-skimming-but-not-tight, face-framing, sexy-without-cleavage, long-waisted enough. Plus, it's got clever but simple construction. Woohoo! I will probably make it with 3/4 fitted sleeves, instead of the bells.

Need to source yarn NOW. Some ideas:
- cute stripey version, similar to as shown, but probably different colors. I would LOVE to use Aurora 8 on this (so soft!) but it's a little pricey.
- solid version in something luxurious-looking, with a halo or sheen, and maybe in ivory or red for holiday wear. KnitPicks Andean Treasure has a nice sheen to it, but I'm not sure if it's springy enough.


Other patterns I like from the winter issue of Knitty: Kate, Forecast, Tempting II, Blanche-Neige (without the fun fur, please!), Bristow, Mrs. Beeton.


And, oh yeah, an FO:

This is My So-Called Scarf in lovely Manos del Uruguay (colorway Granite) for my sister's boyfriend David. I just love it. It's soft and springy, warm and not in the least bit girly-looking. I cast on 40 stitches instead of the recommended 30, so it would be a little over 7" wide (rather than the very girly 5" the pattern produces). It took about 2.5 skeins, done on size 11 needles.



And, oh yeah, I cast on and knit a good chunk of Hopeful by Jenna Adorno. I've just started the waist increases, and have used 2 balls of Knitpicks Ambrosia, out of an estimated 6 or 7. No pictures yet, but I'll add those soon.



And, oh yeah, I blocked not one but THREE items since my last post:
- Soleil (steam-blocked with a wet pillowcase)
- Momvoli (ditto)
- Blackberry (soak-and-shaped. Instead of knitting on another 1" on the sleeves, I decided to see if I could block it out. It was still damp this morning, so we'll have to see!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, I like tubey also. I'm a bit scared of the nifty construction as I can totally see myself spazzing that something didn't fit together right without puckering when trying to attach the tube to the shrug. Who knows. Maybe I'm just paranoid or something.

I hope the blocking works for Blackberry. Been dying to see it...

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home