Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Xmas, and.... The Chicken Viking Hat!

Okay. I said a while back that I wasn't knitting any Christmas presents this year. How things change!


THE CHICKEN VIKING HAT:

I mentioned the Chicken Viking Hat ito my brother-in-law-to-be while we were visiting him and my sister in NY. While I'm on the subject, here's a picture of the lovely couple:


He thought it was very cool, so I asked my sister if she thought he'd wear it. Apparently, he asked her that same night if she thought I'd make it for him!


I am very very excited about this project. First off, it's hysterical. Secondly, it looks not too brainless and not too hard. Thirdly, it's a baby hat, so resizing it to adult size will be a fun design project.


WARM FUZZIES:

Since I was giving Ryan a gift this year, I wanted to give my younger sister's boyfriend something too. I asked Melanie for ideas, and she told me that he loves super-warm winter gear, and buys new hats, gloves, etc. constantly. I mentioned the possibility of double knitting someting (essentially knitting a second hat inside the first one), and she got really excited. I'm still waiting for info on items, sizes, colors, etc.


iPOD COZY:

I will be making an iPod cozy for my declared-brother, probably using Grumperina's pattern. I swatched up some cotton, to avoid static, but it wasnt' nearly elastic enough. I'm going to do a test run with some leftover Alpaca Silk, but may buy a ball of Rowan Calmer (nice elastic cotton) for the finished product. Ooh! Maybe that'll be a good use for my Woolcotts store credit...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! That Chicken Viking Hat is a hoot. You must make it and post pictures.

Now on to your Clapotis photo's I must go.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home