Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Yarn!

Mmmm... not one but TWO shipments from Knitpicks, arranged nicely for ogling:


Thats:

Andean Silk in Slate (top)
to be used double-stranded for Blackberry, as a birthday gift for my sister. I get the perfect gauge on the needle size called for (11st, 14rows on size 13s) when double-stranding. Plus, I end up with a bulky-weight alpaca/silk/merino sweater for under $50!

Ambrosia in Fog (outside)
for Hopeful for ME

Shadow in Vineyard (front)
for Sweet Mary Jane, also for me. That was a total impulse purchase, but how often can you blow $10 on a project (and that covers yarn AND the pattern) and get a full-sized garment out of it? It's lovely, and the pattern fee is donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation

Alpaca Cloud in Horizon (top)
just to play with. :)


And now, for no reason, Una:


Showing her appreciation for fine woolens


Revealing her true evil nature

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Ooh! Knitpicks delivery! So jealous. I love their stuff, especially for the price. You'll have to take lots of pictures of the Ambrosia and let me know what you think of it. Is it like DB Cashmerino?

1:03 AM  
Blogger Nadira said...

I'm not sure about Cashmerino; I haven't tried it myself. Ambrosia is incredibly soft and buttery. Since it's got a large alpaca content, it's got nice drape, but not a whole lot of loft. I'd suspect cashmerino (having a lot of merino in it) would be loftier but less drapey.

But that's just a guess. :)

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home