Thursday, November 10, 2005

Stash Sta-Stash Stash!

I love stash. It's like endless possibilities. My stash is pretty paltry, compared to what others have described, but this one is mine. :)

The newest additions:


FROM KNITPICKS:



I didn't mean to go all Christmasey, but there you have it! That's:

- 12 skeins of Alpaca Silk in Cranberry
This is all for me! I'm going to design a sweater for this. My only criteria: cozy yet fitted.

- 2 skeins of Wool of the Andes, natural (the equivalent of 4 skeins of regular WOA).
I was planning to make some cabled handbags for my sisters, a la Michelle-Nicole, but with different styling: no bows, and very different handles. That may or may not happen; they're not big on small bags.

- 1 skein of Wool of the Andes in Grass
That is for the stems and leaves of Pick Up Sticks' felted flowers. I bought the Iris and Calla Lily patterns. I may make them as an extra xmas gift for someone-who-shall-remain-nameless-since-she-may-read-this.


I am very surprised by Wool of the Andes. It is MUCH softer than I expected. I might actually be able to wear this against skin, and I am PICKY when it comes to scratchy. It's very lofty too.




FROM WOOLCOTTS:



- 1 ball of Rowan Calmer in Slosh
This is for an iPod cozy (using Grumperina's pattern) for my honorary brother Dudley

- 2 skeins of Manos del Uruguay in Granite
This is for a toasty-warm scarf for my other sister's boyfriend David. The goals were warm and manly. I think we can accomplish that. :) Manos, being a single-ply, has a very organic look to it. I'm thinking of using the My So-Called Scarf pattern, which is an interesting stitch pattern, and should play up the rugged look of the yarn.

3 Comments:

Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

(Sigh) I am jealous. My stash is a bit overwhelming at the moment. There are 2 women who ball up our hanks during knit-group night, and when I started gathering up the hanks in my stash, I stopped counting at 30!
I think I need to get some sweaters made!
=:8
http://www.somebunnyslove.com

8:54 AM  
Blogger Papa Bear said...

honorary?!?!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Nadira said...

Sorry, bro. Saying "honorary" was easier than explaining how being half siblings on either side (with no common parents) adds up to full siblings. It's a knitting blog, not a genealogy blog!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home