Friday, December 09, 2005

There are no words

for what a lucky, lucky girl I am.

I have yarn.
I have new yarn.
I have beautiful new yarn.
I have lots of beautiful new yarn.
I have lots of beautiful, different new yarn.
I have lots of ideas for my beautiful different new yarn.

Unfortunately, my camera batteries died. So here are the vendor's pictures:


1- Karabella Aurora 8 in peach (color 32, I think):

(picture shamelessly stolen from the wonderful people at Kpixie, who have a great price on this yarn and quick turn-around times to boot.)

I'm using this for the baby version of the Chicken Viking Hat The color is just a touch brighter than I had in mind, but it still says "flesh" to me.

This is a fabulous yarn: stretchy and warm merino that's softer than cotton. There is no such thing as The Best Yarn, only the right yarn for your project and tastes, but this has to be one of my all-time favorites, and it's so VERSATILE!

Oh yeah, I've done some work on that project:

I didn't like the top shaping (my own fault, not the pattern: I resized for 0-6 mos), so I frogged back to the start of the decrease section and reworked it since taking this picture. I've also done one of the two drumsticks (picking up in a circle is HARD!), but not the toes yet.


2- Karabella Aurora Bulky in color 9:


This is for the adult version of the Chicken Viking Hat that I'll be adapting for Ryan. I decided to go bulky to keep the goosebumps in proportion, but I think it will be warmer (and faster to knit) than the worsted version. Plus, I like this color better. While the worsted's color 32 has a nice peachy flesh tone to it, this one really reminds me of drained-of-all-blood raw chicken in the butcher case.


3- Over the Rainbow Yarns Silk/Rayon handpaint:

This colorway is called Aztec 2. I have this in mind for a summer-weight Clapotis, maybe for my animal-hair-sensitive mom. Or maybe I'll keep it. :)


4- Over the Rainbow Yarns" Silk/Merino handpaint (called Gemini, I think):

This colorway is called Winter Blues. It's a little less electric in color, but just lovely. I'm thinking of a fitted turtleneck with 3/4 sleeves, like this. This is an incredibly soft yarn that gave me NO PRICKLES at the neck, so it's a wonderful choice for a t-neck. It's a light worsted weight, and may also be a good choice for Clapotis, although it's a "twisty" 2-ply, rather than a single, so it will have a slightly different texture than a more cylindrical yarn.


5- AND, I have some Rowan Soft Baby in Cozy (fleshy, peachy ivory) and Buttercup (yellow) that was my first selection for the Chicken Viking Hat, but it's fuzzy, which doesn't say raw chicken to me. Unless I think of something else I want to make with it before I make it to the post office, I'll be returning it.


6- AND I have some Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed coming for the Blissful Jacket from Interweave Knits (Fall 05):

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I'm making this in the exact yarn and exact color shown. In my defense, that blue is very much my color, and was part of what attracted me to the pattern in the first place. Plus, I've always wanted to knit a jacket. I got a great price on this yarn from discountyarnsale.com, but it was special order, so it took a very long time.


7, 8 - AND I have some KnitPicks Merino Style in Tidepool and Panache in Cloud coming in the mail any day now. The Panache is for The Little Wrap:

I want to make this to wear to a holiday party, over my Karen Millen cherries dress:

(looking at this dress, can't you see why Tubey is my sweater?)
The dress was a gift from my mother-in-law, to wear to the rehearsal dinner.
Then again, maybe I'll hoard the Panache for a while and stick with my black shrug. Opinions?


Wow. I don't want to think about how much I've spent on yarn in the last couple of months. But at least some of it was for xmas presents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home