Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm a Bad SP-ee

Confession time: I've been a bad one-skein secret pal spoilee. My SP sent me the fabulous package below TWO WEEKS AGO, and I've only just gotten around to blogging about it. (I did send a thank-you email earlier though.) I feel bad. But look what I have to distract me from my shame:




That's:

- a skein of Orkney Angora lambswool/angora blend in a gorgeous minty-aqua-robins-egg color (swoon). This passed the rub-against-still-shower-damp-neck test without even a hint of the pricklies.
- a skein of Loiusa Harding Sari Ribbon with such a nice sparkle I might use it for a belly dance costume and not knit with it
- sugar-free dark chocolate
- a cute bookmark
- delicious-smelling soap and shampoo from Lush
- a package of earl grey tea (mmm... bergamot...)
- a nice note from my SP in a "beware of the sheep" card


Thanks, SP, and once again, I'm sorry for the delay posting!



In other news, I've finished the 12 squares of my sister's Retro Throw and blocked 6 of them, but didn't manage to stretch them to 20"; the best I could get was 14x14". That gives me a deficit of 18" of width and 24" of length. I haven't decided how I want to deal with that. I can get some more yarn and make another 8 squares (one row and one column), but that still leaves me a bit short. I was thinking of a border of thin stripes to make up the gap. I don't want to make it any smaller than the 60x80 it calls for; it's a throw blanket, not a bed blanket, but my sister and her boyfriend are T-A-L-L.




Have also restarted my Green Gables in Rowan Calmer. I love this yarn. Between this pattern and Soul, I must have frogged and reknit 4 or 5 times, but the yarn is still soft and elastic. Love, love, love.

I like this pattern, but it definitely does run small. I made the medium (in theory, a perfect fit) the first time, and it was TINY. Not just having a fair bit of negative ease, but stitches-stretched-out, don't-wear-this-to-work tiny. I cast on for the large this time, and will be doing some extra increases to make up for being a hair off-gauge (5.25 st/in, rather than 5).

3 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Welcome back. Love the throw!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked your package and don't worry about the delay in bloging as we all get caught up with life stuff. I'm just pleased it went down well. Busy thinking of what to send next!
Your OSSP x

1:01 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Glad to see an update and that you're doing well! I can't wait to see your Retro Afghan finished. Love the colors!!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home