Friday, February 24, 2006

Olympic Update, New Web Site!

Well, I've finished the body and about 4" of sleeve one, and I'm pretty worried. I was sick all last week, and while I spent three whole days at home, I slept most of that time, so I actually got LESS knitting done than if I had been well and going to work.

The sleeves are going very slowly. My bamboo double-points are way too sharp for this yarn, so I switched to the 2-circulars method with my Denises, which was a little too laddery, so I switched to a three-circulars method with my denises (I bought an extra pair of size 6 tips a few weeks ago!), which is much better but SLOW. I'm going to Windsor Button this afternoon to see if I can pick up a blunter pair of dpns.

With only a couple of days to go, I'm nervous, but, in the true Olympic spirit, I'm not going to give up. I have a 5-hour train ride tonight, so hopefully I can make up some of the gap.


In other news, I picked out a design name and registered its domain. Yarngineering is born! At the moment, I've only got a placeholder page that points here and to my steamed bun pattern, but I'll add more content there in the not-too-distant future.


And now, for something completely unrelated, I give you the Best Lunch Ever: veggies and dip with a side of crabmeat, and followed by two perfect strawberries. Yum Yum Yum. And I got everything from the supermarket salad bar, except for the crabmeat which came in a nice little ready-to-eat packet. The crab would have been even tastier with a little lemon and dill, but it was great plain.

4 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

feel better! your health is more important than a sweater in two weeks :)

cute new blog name!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

congrats on the new domain! don't give up on the sweater, you can do it! just don't jeopardize (did I spell that right??) your health over the sweater :) get well soon!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I have no doubt that you'll finish. You're actually one of my knitting ideals and even tho you might not finish tonight or tomorrow afternoon [ & I'll bet you will], you'll be wearing your creation soon I'm sure. Happy knitting, Jess!

9:04 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Congrats on the new site! I can't wait to see it grow.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home