Wednesday, May 10, 2006

One-Skein SP Post

For my one-skein secret pal:

1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
Merino wool: I'm gentle and nice to be around, but also "lofty" and energetic, interested in everything (honestly, is there anything merino truly CAN'T do?) and I benefit from a little extra care. Plus, I firmly believe that good quality and workmanship (i.e., character and living your life) is more valuable than flash.

2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
I use blue, red and pink most often. I like most jewel tones and pastels. At the moment, though, I'm obsessed with peach/salmon and robin's egg blue.

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
I use variegated yarns ocassionally, and mostly for variegated-suitable projects: Clapotis, socks, etc.

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
I love soft wool and cotton. Alpaca is silky on the hands, but gives me the prickles when I wear it, so I don't use it very much. I don't mind a _little_ synthetic blended into a yarn, as long as you can't feel it. (Rowan Calmer is a good example)

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
I generally go center-pull, but am flexible.

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
Haven't used them, but would definitely be interested.

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
17 finished objects in 2005, plus 8 I didn't finish :
http://jessdr.blogspot.com/2006/01/year-in-review.html
In 2006, I've completed ZigZag, made most of Snowflakes and Arrows, started Tubey, started and frogged and restarted Green Gables, and have a Retro Throw in progress.

8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Oh, yes. I'm working on one right now, and have another on the schedule for August, not to mention holiday knitting...

9. What is your favorite one skein project?
Feline Dim Sum (Julie Falatko's and my own)

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
A modest, but respectable stash: less than 10 sweater-quantity batches, four batches of sock yarn, 20-30 yarns in smaller quantities (mostly single balls I bought to play with). Most of it lives in boxes, bags, and drawers, all stuffed into a shirt-sized wardrobe.

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
No, but the best yarns usually need to age a little before I know what they want to be.

12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
Yep. I knit slightly less (spending more time outside), and tend to knit summery garments.

13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
Yep, the MIT Stitch & Bitch

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess
Your secret Pal here.
Thanks for the info on your likes/ dislikes. This gives me a good idea for your surprises! I'm really looking forward to choosing you something special.
Happy Knitting
Your One-Skein SP xx

1:02 PM  
Blogger Nadira said...

Thanks, SP!

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess
Just sent you an e-card asking if you like chocolate and any preference (dark/milk/white) but I mis-typed my e-mail address. Can you send me a reply to sissyjupe@f2s.com

Cheers
O-S SP x

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home