Monday, February 27, 2006

Relay Gold, Individual Disappointment

Well, the Knitting Olympics are over. And what a big 2+ weeks it has been, including:

- a week-long illness
- not one but TWO birthday parties (for me)
- a road trip
- a train trip
- a belly dance performance
- some serious sister time
- a job offer
- transition plans related to said job offer
- the "launch" of my knitting website, Yarngineering

and of course, a whole lot of knitting.


The MIT Relay Team was a smashing success:

(modelled here by our Anchor Danielle)

But, alas, Zig-Zag isn't finished. I'm done with the body and 90% of the first sleeve. I'm disappointed that I didn't finish, but I feel really good about the way I did it. I chose something that was a real challenge and strove for the gold, but I didn't sacrifice my standards. I ripped out 4" of the front chest, and dropped 2-4 stitches 20+ rows to fix cable mistakes FOUR TIMES. I didn't finish in time for a medal, but I did do something wonderful and without sacrifice. And I'm not done yet! The medals may already have been awarded, but I'm going to keep going until I cross the finish line too.

And yes, there will be pictures.

1 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Girl, I feel your pain and I didn't have 1/2 the to-dos on my list. Wow. I also appreciate your can-do attitude, which I'll kindly adopt now if you don't mind. I can't wait to see your Zig Zag. It's so yummy.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home