Wednesday, May 31, 2006

SP7 Revisited

Eeeee!!!! I have another package from my SP7 pal. She says she forgot to mail it. I say she knew how much I like to spread out the fun. (My mom and I are both notorious for celebrating our birthdays for 2-3 weeks.)

Rainy sent me:


Some GORGEOUS raspberry merino for spinning (it's a much brighter color than it looks in the picture), a CD full of belly dance music (we're both dancers), and a cute postcard. Thanks, Rainy! The first box was spoilage enough, but you just don't know when to stop, do you? :)


In other knitting news, I haven't done much knitting. In fact, I haven't picked up needles or spindle in almost two weeks (gasp). Life is just getting in the way. Between working longer hours than I used to, getting some exercise or dancing in every day, and actually cooking dinner and doing some cleaning (double gasp), the clock keeps turning to 10:30 (or 11:30, or 12:30) by the time I put tomorrow's lunch in the fridge.

I don't know how I've made it this long without knitting. Have you ever accidentally missed a meal because you were so busy, and been completely fine (other than the stress of the business) until you realized it, at which point you became a grumpy, shaky mess? That's where I am, except that it makes me more sad and lonely for my yarn than grumpy. My husband has been asking me for days if something's bothering me, and I've been at a loss. I wonder if that was it...

My goal for this week (in addition to eating right, exercising, sleeping, and laundry) is to knit at least 10 minutes in bed each night.

That said, I do have a couple of squares for the Retro Throw done:

You might ask why I show three completed squares today, and four earlier in the month? Well, the first two were a bust. Sportweight yarn on size 10 needles makes a pretty wussy blanket, so I've been double-stranding.



And, in honor of my SP7 spoilee, Paula and her gorgeous nature photography, a double rainbow seen in North Cambridge a week and a half ago, over the scenic condo construction next door:




Finally, the chicken viking hat has been spotted in the wild:

(where "in the wild" = on the head of my sister's fiance Ryan)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

That rainbow is beautiful. I haven't seen one up close and personal for years!

The viking chicken hat looks great on him...especially with that face he put on for the picture.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh Lord the Chicken Viking Hat is perrrrfect on that face. The ferocious Viking look is in his eyes, LOL. Nice job! Happy 10 minute knitting ... or might it turn into 20 minutes?

p.s. I LOVE the colors in your Retro Throw.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home