Saturday, July 29, 2006

WEBS rocks. UPS on the other hand...

So, I place an order with WEBS (at fabulous close-out prices) after closing on Wednesday night. It ships on Thursday, and (since it's not particularly far from Northampton to Cambridge), it's due to arrive on Friday.

When I get home (from a lovely soak and massage at Urban Oasis - highly recommended, by the way), it's not there. I check the online tracking, and it claims to have been delivered, and left at the rear door. I check every possible location, but it's not here.

I call UPS, and they say I can't do anything, and I should have the sender place a request for investigation.

At this point, I'm a little cranky, because, not only is my yarn not here, but there's no way the package was left at the back door; to get there, you have to open two gates and walk 3/4 of the way around the house. (Plus, it is completely unsheltered, so if they had left it there, it would have been soaked through from the rainstorm.)


So I call WEBS on UPS' advice, and not only are they pleasant and willing to deal with UPS, they offer to send me a new shipment. I didn't have to ask; they just offered.


Reasons to shop at WEBS:
- it is both a LYS (at least semi-L) and a convenient on-line store
- huge selection
- good regular prices, great sale prices, and a fantastic discount program
- nice, friendly people who want you to be happy

Reasons to use UPS:
- um, it's often the only option

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Hey J, welcome back to blogging ...

Webs is a great place to shop online. I ordered the bamboo modular needles from them and they confirmed they got my order but a month went by & I never got it. I contacted them and ... oops, my order was overlooked. They shipped it free of shipping charges because it was their error. They are REALLY out to please their customers!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess
Just wanted to let you know that I posted your July package yesterday. Hopefully it will be with you soon.
Your OSSP x

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home