Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Wow.

My goodness. As of this post, 31 people have voted in my knitting olympics poll. I didn't think that 31 people had actually read my blog. You have all been holding out on me! (The poll is still open, by the way.)

I still haven't decided what to knit for the Knitting Olympics, although I think that I will have to pass on Sweet Mary Jane. I will definitely make it someday soon, but I think that making a lace cardigan in 16 days is a recipe for some serious hand cramping.

I've ordered the yarn for Zig Zag and the Snowflakes and Arrows vest, and I already have the yarn for my cable project, so that's not going to be a factor in my decision. They all have their merits.

Zig Zag: This is really beautiful, the stitch pattern is fun, and I really want to have this sweater. And having it soon would be nice. At the same time, I feel very confident about the stitch pattern (I swatched a few repeats of it earlier in the fall), and the construction makes sense to me. So while it certainly isn't mindless, most of the challenge in this would be in completing it on time.

Snowflakes and Arrows: I'm interested in this mostly because I really want to try fair isle. I think learning a new techique and completing a garment in 16 days fits nicely with the Olympic spirit. I think I'd wear the finished product, but I'm not sure. I like the look of it (fitted and kind of corset-ey), but I don't know if I have anything to wear under it. I'm a process knitter, and the yarn cost under $15 so it's not a huge deal if I don't wear it myself. Plus, I really like the USA Fair Isle Knit Team button. :)

Self-Designed Cable Project: I love cables and have been meaning to give design another try. Plus, I think I'd get serious guts points for this. Then again, this is something I want to do really well, so I'm not sure that giving myself a (very tight) time limit would be respectful of the project.


Sigh. I'm leaning towards Snowflakes and Arrows at the moment, but maybe I should let it percolate for another day or two. Or at least until my yarn arrives.


In other news, I finally got around to blocking the Blissful Jacket. I've sewn the shoulders, and am about half-way through the collar. Has anyone else come to love that wet sheep smell? I'm not sure if I should be proud or if its a sign that things have gone too far...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home