Thursday, January 19, 2006

Knitting Olympics! (A POLL)

So, I'm thinking about joining the Yarn Harlot'sKnitting Olympics. The goal is to pick a knitting project that would be difficult to complete between the opening and closing of the Olympic Games (16 days), but to do it anyway. I am all over this. Hell, I made Sitcom Chic in 10 days!

So here are the contenders:

1- Zig-Zag:

This is beautiful and the stitch pattern is fun.

2- Snowflakes and Arrows Vest:

This would be my first fair isle. I've never worn a vest, but this one has nice shaping and has an almost corset-like look to it. Plus, the yarn is CHEAP. ($11 or $12 for the entire project)

3- Sweet Mary Jane:

This would be my first lace project, and I already have the yarn.

4- A self-designed jacket with some fair-isle-style colorwork.

5- A self-designed cabled something-or-other. Probably a fitted pullover.



Let me know what you think:








Which Project should I knit for the Knitting Olympics?
Zig-Zag
Snowflakes and Arrows
Sweet Mary Jane
Self-Designed Jacket with Colorwork
Self-Designed Cabled Thingy


  

Free polls from Pollhost.com

6 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Voted for zig zag. Would look great on you and very versitile.

11:20 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

i'm actually considering sweet mary jane myself. i *think* i have an acceptable yarn -- knit picks paint-your-own merino lace. i dunno. maybe i should just do a lace shawl. i'm as conflicted as you!

12:50 AM  
Blogger christine said...

i am severely biased as a cable obsessive. more cables! more cables!

the zigzag sweater is pretty though something about it bothers me -- the neckline and the yoke? i love the sleeves, but the yoke... gets all pinched in the middle (i know, it's called shaping, hehe) and kind of segments the body into pieces. i think i would prefer this sweater to have a simpler body with the zigzag sleeves.

i personally am not a vest person either so i wasnt feeling the snowflakes and arrows.

the mary jane sweater is an interesting exercise in clothes-layering! (one would hope...) :) though props if you could finish that baby in 16 days. the collar is kind of old-school...

just defending my cables. cables! :) it feels so nice to twist and turn...

4:48 PM  
Blogger carlita dee said...

I'm all about that vest. As long as you don't make it in purple. Never realized how much I dislike purple until I started knitting.

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

5:24 PM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Gotta love Sweet Mary Jane. The jacket's lacey pattern is beautiful.
=:8

10:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The vest! The vest! It's very Dale-of-Norway olympics-ish. ;~)

~ hb33 ~

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home