Sunday, January 29, 2006

Poop.

Well, darn it. I lost my individual templates. Oh well. I guess you'll have to survive without knowing what I had on my ipod at the time, or which projects I was working on concurrently.

That said, it was for a noble cause. You see, ladies and gentlemen, I am a reformed bandwidth thief. Some of the images on this blog were hotlinked to other sites (meaning that when you viewed my blog, you were downloading images from someone else's site). I always gave the image credit and a link to the original site, and thought that I was doing the right thing copyright-wise by referring to the original image, rather than making a copy of it in my own space. I didn't realize, however, that this cost the other site's owner bandwith, which they sometimes have to pay extra for. To all of you out there whose bandwidth I may have stolen: I thought I was respecting your copyright, but I was wrong, and I'm sorry I hurt you.

If you've done the same, it's not too late to repent. Click here to read more:

(and no, don't hotlink the button)


So what does this have to do with my blog? Well, I spent a few hours on Saturday going through my posts to identify hotlinked images, download and upload them to my own web space, and update the image references. In the process, I accidentally chose "republish blog" instead of "republish index", so I've lost my post-by-post modifications.



On a few happier notes:

- I have some Tubey progress. I'm finished with the back, and almost done with the first sleeve.


This is going S-L-O-W-ly, probably because I'm using the 2-circulars method. I have nothing against double-points, except that they tend to fall out of my knitting bag. Plus, I didn't have a set of size 5 circs, but did have two sets of size 5 Denise points (I bought an extra pair, since I use 5s or 6s most often). I find that pulling the neeedle through kills some time. Plus, I'm changing balls of yarn every row, which also eats some time. That said, this yarn is so beautiful, I'm drooling at every stitch.


- I gave spinning my first try, using the drop spindle and blue-faced leicester my fabulous secret pal gave me. I didn't do too well, but did manage to make quite a fun cat toy:


I'll be taking a lesson at Mind's Eye, my most L of LYSes, in the near future, whose owner is quite a talented spinner.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend is knitting Tubey and seems to be enjoying it. I can't wait to see your finished results.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home